It’s officially summer! It’s time to grab a blanket, pack a picnic, and head to the park an soak in the sun and high temperatures. There is nothing more relaxing than reclining on the grass and listening to the sounds of summer: kids frolicking at the pool, insects chirping, wind caressing the grass, and music softly wafting from your car. Take a break and truck it to the nearest park or pool to enjoy some summer lounging.
Embark on a summer staycation in Goodland:
– Investigate local history at the High Plains Museum
– Become a book worm at the Goodland Public Library
– Get in touch with your artistic roots at the Carnegie Arts Center
– Stroll down Main to the Vault Creamery for a tasty treat
– Splash in Steever Water Park (try not to belly flop off the high-dive!)
– Catch a flick at the Sherman County Theater
– Earn a tan cavorting outdoors in Goodland’s many parks
Click through these Summer Samples to get your summer adventure started: (1) Time Magazine tells us A Brief History of Summer Vacation, (2) Billboard tell us the top 30 summer songs of all time, (3) What’s Your Favorite Summer Food?